Deadline: 31. May 2023
ECRO 2023 is pleased to offer child care grants, initiated to help alleviate the financial burden of extra family care expenses incurred either onsite or at home as a result of attending the annual conference (e.g., increased daycare or babysitting costs). We are therefore offering up to €500 grants to help reduce these additional costs.
· All ECRO members with one or more children are eligible for this grant, although preference will be given to early career researchers should demand be greater than resources.
· Grant recipients must be registered to attend the ECRO 2023 Conference
· Applicant must be presenting original work as primary author in a poster or oral presentation.
· Only one parent/caregiver for a given family may apply.
Use of funds:
One subsidy of up to €500 will be awarded per applicant, subject to the availability of funds. Applications will be reviewed by the ECRO 2023 organizing committee based on the following criteria:
· Appropriateness of the budget
· Benefit of the conference to the attendee
· Completeness of the application and eligibility requirements
Eligible expenses for the budget include:
· Third party dependent care services for the duration of the conference (onsite or at home)
· Travel and accommodation costs for designated caregiver(s)
· Per diem of €50/day for the designated caregiver(s)
Ineligible expenses include:
· Personal costs incurred as a result of attending the conference (travel, accommodation, registration fees, meals etc.)
· Routine childcare costs
· Care costs unrelated to attending the conference
· Entertainment services (e.g., entry tickets, cinema tickets etc.)
If you are unsure if an expense is eligible or not, please contact us to clarify (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your application, including proof of abstract submission, explanation of needed additional care and requested budget, before 31 May to email@example.com to be considered.