(Deadline: 15 April 2021)
The Organizing Committee invites you to submit proposals for Symposia at ECRO 2021. The conference will take place in Cascais, Portugal, a municipality located 30 minutes from Lisbon by train. The pleasant and dynamic setting of Cascais is marked by a rich coastal life that is a feast for all the senses.
ECRO 2021 aims to bring together world-renowned experts in chemoreceptive sciences to discuss the latest developments and drive scientific knowledge forward. We meet to inspire, and be inspired by, today’s leaders in chemosensation. This year will be a special meeting where we celebrate 50 years of ECRO and dare to imagine the future of what chemoreception could be in another 50 years!
1. Topics: Priority will be given newly emerging fields in chemosensation, including but not limited to:
· Chemosensory abilities in the clinic
· Nutrient sensing and metabolism in health and disease
· Mechanisms of chemesthesis or texture perception
· Inter-individual variation in chemosensation
· Social chemosignaling
· Big data, new methods & technologies
· COVID & Citizen Science
2. Diversity: Inclusion of speakers from diverse backgrounds (discipline, model systems, geographical area, demographics, ability, …) is warmly suggested and will be prioritized.
3. Composition: Each symposium will last 100 minutes and will include 4-5 speakers, including at least one trainee.
4. Evaluation and acceptance: Symposia proposal will be conducted based on the criteria of topic, diversity and composition. Symposia chair(s) will be notified of the Organizing Committee’s decision by March 31, 2021.
Submit via the Google Form:
Submissions must include:
i. Symposium Title.
ii. Names and affiliations of 1-2 symposium chair(s).
iii. A one paragraph synopsis of the symposium theme (3-7 lines).
iv. The names, affiliations and tentative talk titles for the 4-5 confirmed speakers.
v. One paragraph that highlights how the proposed symposium meets the review criteria above.
Typical Symposium Format
Symposia will follow a standard format. Symposia will be 120 min in length. They include a chair person and typically have 4 speakers or 3 main speakers and two short presentations. Participation of junior faculty is encouraged. There should be only one scientist speaking per laboratory. Separate abstract submission will be required for all chairs and authors.
The participation of all speakers must be confirmed prior to the submission of the proposal.
Presentation Speaker Duration
Introduction Symposium Chair(s) 2-5 min
Full talk 1st speaker 20 min + 5 min Q&A
Full talk 2nd speaker 20 min + 5 min Q&A
Full talk 3rd speaker 20 min + 5 min Q&A
Full talk 4th speaker 20 min + 5 min Q&A
Short presentation 4th speaker 15 min + 2.5 min Q&A
Short presentation 5th speaker 15 min + 2.5 min Q&A
Outro/Conclusion Symposium Chair(s) 2-5 min
Symposia chair(s) will be notified of the Program Committee's decision.
Deadline for submission: 15 April 2021
Please address any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org